There are three things I wanted to share on my "About" page: A bit about me, a bit about who got me going, and a bit about the blog's inspiration.
On 14 May 2006 when I started this blog the info on this page was simple: "Director of Research & Analytics at Intuit, Web Analytics."
Things have evolved a smidgen since then. Here's the latest….
I am. . .
- The author of two best selling books: Web Analytics 2.0, Web Analytics: An Hour A Day
(100% of the proceeds from both books are donated to The Smile Train, Doctors Without Borders and Ekal Vidyalaya.)
- The Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google
(Simplify Complex Marketing)
- The Co-Founder and Chief Education Officer for Market Motive
(Online marketing education, on demand, high quality, fresh, every day!)
I am on the Board of Advisors for. . .
- USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism (Media Impact Project)
- University of California Irvine (Web Intelligence Certificate program, go education!)
- University of Toronto (Social CRM program, Rotman Center for CRM Excellence)
I am honored to have received these awards. . .
- Statistical Advocate of the Year from the American Statistical Association, 2009
- Rising Star award from the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation, 2010
- Most Influential Industry Contributor from the Web Analytics Association, 2011
- Featured in the "Pioneers of Digital" book, with a bunch of amazing people I admire! 2012.
I love teaching and speaking and changing mindsets. . .
- Conferences: Digital Innovation Day, Colloquy Loyalty Summit, Be-Wizard Web Marketing, O'Reilly Strata, Monaco Media Forum, JMP Innovators' Summit, Search Engine Strategies, eMetrics, Ad-Tech, iCitizen etc (Current Speaking Engagements)
- Universities: Stanford University, University of Utah, University of Virginia, Santa Clara University, VCU Brandcenter etc (I am also an Associate Instructor at the University of British Columbia!)
- Companies: IBM, Unilever, AOL, L'Oréal, Time Warner, AutoDesk, Vanguard, Toyota, Google etc
I am on. . .
I was on. . .
- The board of directors of the Web Analytics Association
- The advisory board of iPerceptions, Coradiant, and ClickEquations
About the Blog's Start:
I met Andy Beal at the Frost & Sullivan event where I spoke in early 2006. At that conference he played a key role in convincing me of the value of blogging and even offered to help me with anything I needed.
Andy gets all the credit in the world for getting me into blogging, for that I will remain eternally grateful to him.
About the Blog's Spirit:
- "Eat like a bird, and poop like an elephant."– Japanese Quote.This really connects with me. I have learned a lot from others and my hope with my blog is to share back with the world, to the extent that I can, in my core area of expertise.
- Think "book" not "diary."I have come to believe that this is probably the best way to be successful in blogosphere.
[Interesting side note: While I followed this second principle from day one of this blog, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would ever actually become a book published by Wiley!]
I hope you find the blog to be of value.