Yesterday I had the pleasure of doing a long and wide ranging podcast with Simon Chen the Managing Director of Eight Black Group, based in Melbourne Australia.
Five minutes on Simon's blog and you'll be impressed by his unique communication style. Incisive, funny, insightful, brutally honest are just some of the words that you might think of. I am a huge fan of letting your unique personality shine though in our wonderful blogosphere and Simon does that, and more.
Simon's a tough interviewer, you'll see that the same blog personality shine through on the podcast. He is funny and does his best, repeatedly, to get me into trouble (you might enjoy that) throughout the podcast.
Here are some of the questions that he asked:
- How did you get into Analytics?
- Does Google interpret the data that passes thru its servers from an analytics perspective and use it to their advantage?
- Why write a book on it?
- What does your job at Google entail – ie What does an "Analytics Evangelist" do?
- Should there be more about teaching people rather than just create complex tools?
- If you were to walk into General Motors tomorrow what would be the three things you would do to the website? What would you insist happen?
- Should Microsoft quit the search space?
There is more, but that should give you a good idea. If any of these questions interest you here are the podcast details…….
An Interview With Avinash Kaushik (65 mins, 14.9 mb)
I have to admit it is not fun listening to your own voice (for 65 mins!!). There are 87 things you would have said differently, em's and ah's that you would want to edit out, and then there is worry/hope that you have added something of value to the brave souls who'll listen in.
But you be the judge and tell me what you think, if you do give it a listen, about the podcast, the sometimes controversial topics covered, my answers, and how you think I can do this better.
Please share your feedback via comments. Thanks.
[Like this post? For more posts like this please click here.]